This week as part of a series of podcasts on Imposter Syndrome, I challenge your belief that Imposter Syndrome is something you can (or should) conquer, overcome or get rid of before you can realise your potential. Actually, I believe your Imposter Syndrome is here to stay and here’s why:
- I’ve tried so many of the tips and tricks for ditching imposter syndrome over the years, but the results were always fleeting
- I don’t know anyone who has eradicated their imposter syndrome for good (but if you’re out there, I’d love to meet you!); and
- The moment I accepted that Imposter Syndrome was here to say, is the moment I got some authority over it and discovered how to turn it into my strength.
In this episode you’ll learn that that accepting your Imposter Syndrome is so much more empowering than resisting it, because of the authority it gives you and the new perspective it brings.
This week’s key takeaway: Imposter Syndrome is not a problem you have to fix, it’s a puzzle you need to solve.
I’m going to be talking about the tool I created to help you solve your Imposter Syndrome next week, in episode 80.
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Caroline Flanagan Podcast Episode #70: Acceptance
- The book: Be The First: People of Colour, Imposter Syndrome and the Struggle to Succeed in a White World, which is published on 26th February 2021, and is available to preorder here